Wednesday, September 25, 2013

First of Many Trips to the South

Yesterday I had my first trip to the New Horizons Center with the Kids Alive Lebanon Director Joseph Ghattas.  We met together with the teachers, discussed the year ahead, and began putting things in place as we plan to welcome children back on October 8th.  It’s an exciting ministry to be a part of; the impact it is making is very real and there are many opportunities for growth.  I look forward to giving it my attention and energies.  It’s a great opportunity to do ministry and pray that I can be a productive member of the team assembled there.  No doubt you’ll be hearing a lot in the coming year(s) about the center, the children, and the different services being offered.  



A view from the roof of the New Horizons Center.  It's just south of  the coastal city of Saida (A Bible town, look for it in the gospels!).

One of the classrooms

This orchard of lemons trees will be transformed into a playground for the children in the coming weeks (the trees will stay!).  I'll post an after-picture at some later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment